Treat your wedding party to an experience they will never forget, and yourselves to a wedding to remember for a lifetime
Capella Ixtapa is an oceanfront paradise, the epitome of intimacy and privacy; where the sky is reflected in the waves and the timbre of the sea crashes onto the shore. The infinite stars put on a dazzling display above, creating the perfect place for a Mexico beach wedding.
The backdrop of our cliffside locale is ideal for photographic memories. What better way to begin your life together than at Capella Ixtapa. We invite couples to our beachfront destination, where the salt air perfumes the ceremony.
Our staff will work with you to create the ideal wedding package, from ceremonies defined by the rich heritage of Mexico, to modern, casual beachside affairs. Small, intimate gatherings are our specialty with three restaurants on-site to host your ceremony.
Your Mexico wedding will be infused with the spirit of our entire resort. Treat your wedding party to an experience they will never forget, and yourselves to a wedding to remember for a lifetime.
Yours Truly Weddings
We invite you to experience our Yours Truly wedding, a bespoke experience deserving of that once-in-a-lifetime moment. Host your wedding at our romantic resort and allow our Celebration Specialist to custom tailor your wedding day. Your personal Celebration Specialist will choreograph every detail of your wedding, from pre-wedding activities through honeymoon planning.
Our Yours Truly wedding experience is custom tailored to your personal preferences as a couple, making sure your values and unique personalities are reflected in each element of your special day. We can make additional arrangements before and after the wedding to enhance your experience:
- Pre-wedding activities, including a spa retreat, sunset cruise, game of golf
- Complete wedding day arrangements, such as table settings, flowers, music, photography
- After parties and honeymoon details, incorporating activities and dining
- A gift of a complimentary one-night stay on the couple's anniversary each year for the rest of their lives
Allow our Personal Assistant to attend to your guests and family's needs during their stay with us at Capella Ixtapa during your special wedding event.
Mexican Wedding Traditions
A wedding in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is not complete unless you include romantic, Mexican traditions. We invite you to partake in the following traditions:
- The music of mariachis, playing at the end of the ceremony or during the reception
- A gift of 13 gold coins from the groom to the bride during the ceremony, symbolizing financial responsibility for the family
- Encircling the couple in a lazo (rope) following the coin ceremony to call attention to their eternal union
- Two bridal bouquets - one for the bride and, in certain Christian ceremonies, one for the Blessed Virgin as an offrenda (offer) to obtain a blessing on the marriage
Capella Ixtapa Wedding Package
- Round trip transportation from and to the airport
- Accommodations for 3 nights in a Penthouse Suite overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Bride's Beauty day, hair styling, make up and manicure
- Grooms relaxing massage
- Setting of ceremony with flowers
- Bridal bouquet and groom boutonniere
- Bottle of Champagne and couples Wedding Cake
- Candlelight Dinner for two, 4 course gourmet Menu served at the Ocean Side deck or the Terrace of your Penthouse Suite
- A la Carte breakfast daily
- National Open Bar Reception
- Imported Open Bar Reception
- Premium Open Bar Reception
- Mexican Wine Selection
- Prices for our International Gourmet Cuisine
- Hors D'Oeuvres
- Gourmet Fine Dining
- Live Cooking and Carving Stations at Your Cocktail
- Wedding Cake
- Ceremony Services
- Bridal Flowers
- Flower decoration for the ceremony area
- Musicians (violin, Spanish guitar, trio, quartets, DJs)
- Mariachi Band
- Photographers (video service available)
Bridal Spa Services
Bridal Beauty Package
- Hair style
- Make up
- Manicure & Pedicure
Bridal Spa & Beauty Package
- Facial - a day prior of the wedding date
- Hair style
- Make up
- Manicure & Pedicure
All prices include IVA tax, and additional service charge of 15 % will apply. Additional Beauty and Spa treatments are available.
Legal Ceremony Requirements for Mexico
The regulations and required documentation for a civil ceremony officiated by a Justice of the Peace from Ixtapa, Mexico, are as follows:
- Original Bride and Groom´s Passport along with Three Copies.
- Original and Three Certified copies of both bride and groom birth certificates, these must be legalized by the consulate of Mexico previously to the ceremony.
- Copy of Mexican Visa (Tourist Card) given upon entering Mexico.
- Divorce certificate, if applicable
- Former Spouse death certificate (if applicable)