“At One with Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo”: Capella Ixtapa’s Eco-Package Immerses Guests in the Natural Splendors of the Sierra Madre While Giving Back to Nature Through Their Stay
IXTAPA, MEXICO – March 10, 2010 – From its cliffside hideaway on Mexico’s rugged Pacific Coast, Capella Ixtapa offers an extraordinary opportunity to connect with the spectacular beauty of the region through a special eco-package customized to guests’ own interests by a knowledgeable Personal Assistant (PA). At One with Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo pairs guests with a local conservationist to explore the Sierra Madre, from a vast natural preserve neighboring the resort itself to private excursions into nearby rivers, mountains and forests. The unforgettable, four-night adventure includes:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Private guide services by a local conservationist to a vast natural preservation area teeming with wildlife, flora and fauna
- A special dinner with locals centered on the “catch of the day”
- A donation (15 percent of the package price) to the nature-based charity of the guests’ choice at the end of their stay
- Prior to guests’ arrival, their own Capella Ixtapa PA will arrange two adventure activities of the guests’ choice from the following options:
- A three-hour mountain biking tour through the hills behind La Ropa beach to Manzanillo beach, with gourmet picnic for two
- Bird-watching excursion through Aztlan ecological park and observe more than 320 species of birds native to region
- Stargazing tour with an area lunar expert
- A two- to three-hour horseback ride tour for two through a local coconut plantation, rivershore or the pristine beaches of Playa Linda and Playa Larga
- A day of net fishing for marlin, sailfish, dorado tuna and many more big game fish with a local fisherman
- A choice of hiking tours, ranging from easy to exhausting
- Snorkeling for two and enjoying the underwater flora and fauna at a private, exclusive spot at Manzanillo beach
- Swimming with dolphins
Rates for the four-night package begin at $782 per night, and exclude a la carte pricing for the two selected resort activities.
Capella Ixtapa caters to the world’s most discerning travelers from a secluded cliffside setting overlooking the rugged natural beauty of Don Juan Beach and the Pacific Ocean. It features 59 expansive guest rooms, world-class dining in four distinct environments, a pampering spa, fitness center, fresh and saltwater pools, and private beach access. The only luxury resort in proximity to Ixtapa’s two championship golf courses and 600-slip marina, Capella Ixtapa lies within Mexico’s idyllic Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo region, which is blessed by an average of 300 days of sunshine and temperatures in the 80s and 90s. It is 140 miles northwest of Acapulco, and a short, 20-minute drive from Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport.
Capella Hotels and Resorts serves today’s top-tier travelers and residential property owners and is setting a new standard in the hospitality industry. Capella promises the unique benefits of the finest boutique hotels, including superb architecture and interior design, privacy, individualized service and attention to detail – combined with the amenities and activities of the world’s great luxury hotels and resorts. Capella, led by founder Horst Schulze, is a brand focused on customer choice, and offers choices that no other hotel company in the world can match. Capella is opening world-class properties in gateway cities and high-profile resort destinations around the world, including: Breidenbacher Hof, a Capella Hotel (Düsseldorf, Germany); Capella Bahia Maroma (Riviera Maya, Mexico); Capella Dunboy Castle (Castletownbere, Ireland); Capella Ixtapa (Ixtapa, Mexico); Capella Nahui (Riviera Nayarit, Mexico); Capella Niseko (Niseko, Japan); Capella Pedregal (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico); Capella Singapore (Sentosa Island, Singapore); and Schloss Velden, a Capella Hotel (Velden, Austria). Learn more at www.capellahotels.com.