CAPELLA SHANGHAI, JIAN YE LI
Shanghai’s illustrious history as the gateway city to China has long been associated with the unique blend of Oriental heritage and Western influence. The landmarks will soon be enhanced by the addition of luxury hotel, Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li. Located within the cultural preservation zone of Shanghai’s Xuhui District, Capella Shanghai will be the only all-villa Shanghai resort in the last remaining cluster of historical “shikumen” (stone warehouse gate) estate.
Originally built in the 1930s by the French real estate company Foncière et Immobiliere de Chine, the Jian Ye Li resort is comprised of the ultra-luxury Capella Shanghai, Capella Residences and The Gallery, a retail destination for lifestyle brands. Sensitively restored for the affluent clientele, these “shikumen” buildings are a marriage of traditional Shanghainese and Western architectural styles which first appeared in the 1860s. The Jian Ye Li estate will be a showcase of Shanghai’s residential heritage featuring Chinese courtyard houses with Parisian flair.
Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li is scheduled to open in March 2017.
- 55 “shikumen” villas
- 40 luxurious residences
- The Capella Library
- A French brasserie
- Award-winning Auriga Spa
- Retail gallery of niche lifestyle brands
- Capella Personal Assistants
- Natural beauty of Yu Gardens: Yuyuan is the most revered and the only surviving Ming Dynasty garden in Shanghai
- Longhua Temple: The oldest and largest temple in Shanghai with a history of about 1,700 years. In the temple, there is a 3.3 ton bronze bell which is used in the Evening Bell-Striking Ceremony every 31st of December to welcome the New Year
- Moganshan Road: A collection of once-deserted warehouses near Suzhou Creek, Moganshan Road now houses Shanghai's best contemporary art galleries
- Nanjing Road: “Golden Belt” of Shanghai is a world-renowned retail landmark
Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li
480 West Jianguo Road
Shanghai 200031 China
Telephone: +65 6887 9835