Activities & Attractions
Explore the national treasures of Washington, D.C., and historic landmarks of Georgetown when staying at Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown. Nestled beside the historic C&O Canal in the heart of Georgetown, our intimate luxury hotel is just one block from the remarkable shops on Wisconsin and M Streets and the Washington Harbour. The hotel is easily accessible from The Kennedy Center, Business and Financial Districts, Smithsonian Institute museums, the National Monument, The National Mall and The White House. The intimate Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown will provide a top-tier retreat for the discerning world traveler, positioning guests between the center of culture, shopping, dining, and the headquarters of international policy and finance.
Capella Constellation & Dinner Series
We have combined forces with the University of Maryland’s Astronomy Graduates to showcase a Constellation Stargazing & Dinner Series. This ongoing event includes a 3-course dining experience in The Grill Room, followed by a rooftop tour of the cosmos using a research grade telescope and astronomical binoculars. All Capella guests and the community are invited to attend this exceptional new series.
The Capella Constellation & Dinner Series will take place a maximum of two times each month when viewing conditions are optimum – For reservations & inquiries, please contact Elisabeth Thomas by calling 202-617-2429 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Washington Ballet
Capella Washington, D.C. has an exclusive partnership with the Washington Ballet, creating an experience to remember for our guests. You and your family will receive four tickets to The Nutcracker, a backstage tour at The Warner Theater and a chance to have an extremely rare Adult/Child walk-on role in the ballet. Should you prefer to appreciate the art rather than take part in it, Capella Washington, D.C. can offer you the Dance Studio Insider, granting complimentary access to The Washington Ballet Open Rehearsal events. You can also retain a more personal experience during private weekday studio rehearsals by simply requesting it from your Capella Personal Assistant.
Capella Washington, D.C. partners with Luigi Parasmo Salon to provide exclusive hair and beauty services for guests in their hotel suites or at his salon nearby in Georgetown.
With over 30 years of experience and famous for his elegant “up-dos” and speedy blow cuts, Parasmo has styled for such iconic brands as Valentino, Armani, D&G and Versace during Fashion Week in Milan and is a favorite among Washington’s political and social elite, including such “A List” players as Condoleezza Rice and acclaimed actress, Alfre Woodard and others.
In keeping with Capella’s commitment to exceptional personalized service, there will be a senior stylist and styling seat at the salon reserved at all times for hotel guests. In addition, a senior stylist will be available upon request for “in-suite” services at the hotel. Salon bookings may be made in advance through the hotel’s special services concierge or by contacting the salon directly.
The hotel’s hair and beauty services with Luigi Parasmo go hand in hand with exclusive shopping and fashion opportunities offered by the Capella D.C.’s Resident Stylist, April Yvonne. April Yvonne is one of the most sought-after fashion gurus in Washington. With exclusive relationships with some of the most upscale fashion labels like Burberry, Christian Dior, Elie Tahari and upscale retailers such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, Yvonne provides hotel guests with personal fashion and shopping advice and services, including private after-hour shopping excursions and bringing fashion selections based on the guest’s individual preferences right to the hotel.
- “Jetsetter Fashionista Premium Package”: Yvonne and her team will personally curate your very own wardrobe refreshment and select the latest lines and fashionable accessories to meet your needs for the new season. Presentation of the selection will also be conducted at the hotel for your own comfort while enjoying champagne and light bites. This package has been created to ensure that you can maximize your time in D.C. while your styling needs are all taken care of by Yvonne and her team. Minimum of two-hours required to book.
- “Fashion Statement Package”: Whether it dressing to impress at the gala of the year like the White House Correspondents Association Dinner or a milestone celebration with loved ones, Yvonne and her team are on hand to assist you in creating a spectacular entrance. Includes multiple looks for different themed events and selection of couture labels and the finest accessories. Minimum of three-hours to book and customized couples consultation for further coordination can be arranged with advance notice
- “Personal Shopper Package”: Shop at the finest retailers in the capital city and meet with the owners of the boutiques for a higher-level of personalized attention. Includes access to Yvonne’s private room at the Saks Fifth Avenue Club in D.C. Minimum of three hours to book.
- “Dressed to Impress Package”: Personal consultation with Yvonne where she will help you coordinate your existing clothes to create the perfect look for your night in the city. Not only will she work with your existing pieces but Yvonne will also bring along other looks from your favorite designers and stores in D.C. Minimum two hours to book.
- “Fashionable Birthday Package”: Adults or children can now stylize for their birthday and inject glamour into proceedings. From fun, whimsical fashion options to couture, there’s something for everyone to properly celebrate this important milestone. Minimum of two hours to book.
Rates for the Resident Stylist begin at $300 per hour and products and accessories are additional. To book contact (202) 617-2415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capella Washington, D.C partners with Fuse Pilates as its health and wellness. Fuse Pilates is one of D.C.’s top studios and is redefining how travelers workout on the road, guided by some of the top instructors in the region. With this new partnership, guests at the hotel can choose to workout in their room with fully equipped Pilates gear and a dedicated instructor provided by Fuse. Guests also have the option of arranging work-out sessions on the hotel’s rooftop space which can only be accessed by guests – an inspirational environment for keeping fit while enjoying stunning views of the Potomac River, The Kennedy Center, Washington Monument and more.
Capella guests can choose from a range of Fuse Pilates work-out options from “Fuse Foundations” for beginners to advanced sessions for the more experienced Pilates enthusiast to personalized workout programs custom-designed for individual fitness goals. The sessions are conducted by Fuse Pilates’ highly trained and experienced instructors under the direction of Mariska Breland and Roxanna Hakimi, well known in D.C. fitness circles.
Fuse Pilates Rates (at the Fuse Pilates Playground):
- Mat classes (Fuse Pilates, Focus, Foundations, Toys): $18
- Chair: $28
- Fuse Circuit, Jump, Reformer, Prenatal, Meet-the-Machines: $40
- Private instruction:
- Master Instructor: $125/hour
- Senior Instructor: $100/hour
- Instructor: $85/hour
- Apprentice instructor: $50-75/hour
Fuse Pilates for Capella Rates:
- Off-site Private Class at Capella: $100/hour
- Poolside Group Class at Capella: $150
At Capella Washington, D.C. you can have your own unique perspective on the city by such opportunities as private guided tours of top cultural institutions around the city, country day trips to Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello and the region’s vineyards, guided tours of George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate across the Potomac River, and much more. Luis Colmenares, lead Personal Assistant, and his staff are happy to make arrangements for other cultural and sporting events and admittance to Washington’s many other renowned museums and historic landmarks as well.