Capella Hotels & Resorts respects your right to privacy and we place the utmost importance in safeguarding any information that is shared with us by our guests.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
We, Capella Hotel Group Pte Ltd and its affiliated group companies, take the protection of your data very seriously. We therefore treat your personal data confidentially and according to the legal data protection regulations as well as to this privacy statement. It is generally possible to visit our website without sending any personal data. Insofar as personal data being saved (such as name, address, phone number or email address), it is done on a voluntary basis. This data will not be transferred to third parties without your express approval. We have to point out that there are security vulnerabilities on the Internet when transferring data. Total protection of the data from third party access is not possible.
The controller for the processing of your personal data when using our website or staying at our hotels is:
Capella Hotel Group Pte Ltd, Temasek Ave, Millenia Tower #05-02, 039192 Singapore (hereinafter “Capella”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
We process the personal information you supply to us via our website or at our hotels for the following purposes:
- To process and facilitate bookings, including verifying your identity, taking payments and communicating with you (legal basis: performance of the contract);
- To provide you with services at our hotels under the accommodation agreement, including execution of your stay at our hotels and payment processing (legal basis: performance of a contract);
- To make contact or interact with you and to handle your requests, remarks or complaints, which you have submitted via our website, during your stay or after your departure (legal basis: consent or legitimate interests);
- To send you our e-mail newsletter including managing your subscription to the newsletter (legal basis: consent or legitimate interests);
- To execute and manage your participation in our loyalty programme (legal basis: consent);
- To maintain, safeguard and improve the quality of our products and services, in particular by performing and analysing satisfaction surveys and guest comments, by processing your personal data in our centralised guest database enabling us to recognise you as a returning guest, to better appreciate your expectations and preferences, to improve the quality and individual character of our communication with you and to create offerings tailored to you (legal basis: legitimate interests);
- To ensure compliance with house rules, to prevent and investigate criminal activities (in particular also by video monitoring), to establish, exercise and defend against legal claims and to safeguard our interests in legal disputes, to ensure IT security and IT operation and to identify credit risks, in accordance with applicable law (legal basis: legitimate interests);
- To provide you with information relating to Capella or promotional information about products and services that may be of interest to you, as well as personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications (legal basis: consent or legitimate interests);
- To place cookies and to use similar technologies as further set out below and the information provided to us when those technologies are used (legal basis: legitimate interests);
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the personal data for the purpose explained at the time (legal basis: consent);
- To comply with obligations imposed by local laws or regulations such as the police and tax authorities (legal basis: legal obligation);
- In certain circumstances when it is not possible to obtain your consent, it may be necessary for us to process your personal data, including sensitive personal data you provided through our services, where it is in your vital interest or in the interest of others, for example in the event of a medical emergency (legal basis: vital interest).
Wherever we rely on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, we may have other legal grounds for processing your personal data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
Sharing of your personal data
If you have given our consent, if it is required for the purposes set out above or if we are otherwise authorised to do so under the applicable laws, we may share your personal data with the following parties:
- To other affiliated companies of the Capella Hotel Group for purposes of keeping our guests updated on the products and services and for the purposes of evaluating and improving our products and services;
- To service providers and agents for the purposes of providing products and services or performing functions on our behalf, such as online reservation providers, payment providers, tour operators, email communication providers, market research analysts, IT service providers, postal mailing providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers.
- To public bodies and institutions if a statutory obligation to do so exists (e.g. financial authorities, criminal prosecution authorities).
In some cases, the recipients are based in countries in countries outside the EEA that do not have an adequate level of data protection. We have taken measures to ensure suitable and adequate safeguards to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected, e.g. by means of agreements such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (a copy of which is available upon request).
In some instances, our webpages use so-called cookies. These do not cause any harm to your computer and do not have or transmit any viruses. They serve to make our site more effective, more secure and more user-friendly. Cookies are text files, which are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. Most of the cookies are so-called ”session-cookies” and will be deleted after your visit to our pages. In addition, we use “persistent cookies” enabling us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our site. These cookies have a lifetime of 30 days and are then automatically deleted. You may change the settings of your browser so that you will be informed when a cookie will be stored on your computer and you may reject acceptance of cookies in individual cases or generally refuse acceptance as well as activating the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. By deactivating the cookies, the functionality of the website might be restricted.
Visiting our websites
When you visit one of our websites we automatically collect and process personal data depending on the service and functionality. This includes technical data, such as information about browser type and version, about your IP address, the time our website was accessed, the duration of the visit, the pages accessed and information about the device used (e.g. tablet, PC or smartphone). We use this information to provide the website services, for IT security reasons and to improve the user-friendliness of the website. This data is also stored in our system’s log files. If the data is stored in log files, it will be deleted or properly anonymized after seven days at the latest.
Should you send us an enquiry via our contact form, we will collect the data entered on the form, including the contact details you provide, to respond to your enquiry and any follow-up questions. The data we receive will be stored only for the period of time required for the relevant correspondence. Your data will not be forwarded to any third party without your express permission.
Should you wish to subscribe to our newsletter with information about our current offers, we only need your email address. The provision of other, separately marked data is voluntary and used in order to be able to address you personally or to be able to provide you with further information. For the subscription to our newsletter, we use the double opt-in procedure. This means that following your subscription we send an email to the email address you have specified, requesting you to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information is blocked and automatically deleted after one month. We also store the IP addresses you use, as well as the times of subscription and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to enable verification of your registration and, where necessary, to clarify any misuse of your personal data. We use your personal data exclusively to send the requested newsletter. We do not transfer the data to third parties. The approval to have your data and your email address stored - as well as its usage to send the newsletter - can be revoked at any time, for example, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
Privacy statement and the usage of Google Analytics
This website uses the functions of the Google Analytics service. The service provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies” (see above). The text files are stored on your computer and allow the analysis of the usage of the website. The information created through this process is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and is stored there. More information on how user data is treated with Google Analytics can be found in Google's privacy statement.
You may prevent the storage of cookies by changing the browser settings accordingly; however, this may hinder or prevent you from using the full functionality of this website. You may, moreover, prevent the storage of data created by the cookie (including the IP address) with Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the available browser plugin:
Objection against the storage of data
You may prevent the storage of your data by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. A so-called “opt-out” cookie prevents the storage of data during future visits to the website: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
On our website, we have integrated plugins from the social network Facebook, which is provided by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. You will recognize this with the Facebook logo or the “like-button” on our website. You will find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. When you visit our site, the plugin will directly connect your browser with the Facebook server. Facebook will receive the information that you have visited our page with your IP address. If you click the Facebook like-button while you are logged in to your Facebook account, you may link the content of our website to your Facebook profile. In this way, Facebook is able to match your visit on our site with your user account. We, as the operator of the website, neither have knowledge of the content of the data transferred nor the usage through Facebook. You will find more information on this in the privacy statement of Facebook on http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php. If you do not want Facebook to connect your visit on our website with your Facebook user account, then please log off your Facebook user account.
We have integrated the Twitter service in our website, which is offered by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. By using Twitter and the function “re-tweet”, the websites you have visited will be connected to your Twitter account and other users will be informed. At the same time, data will be transferred to Twitter. We, as the operator of the site, neither have knowledge of the content of the data transferred nor the usage through Twitter. You will find more information on this in the privacy statement of Twitter on http://twitter.com/privacy. You may change your data protection settings with Twitter in your account settings on http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Our website moreover uses the functions of Google+, provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. With the Google+ button, you can publish information worldwide and you and other users will receive personalized content from Google and our partners. Google saves information that you clicked +1 on, as well as about the site which you viewed when clicking +1. Your +1 might be published as a notification together with your profile name and your photo in Google services, such as in search results or in your Google profile or at some other place on a website where advertisements are overlaid. In some cases, this name might replace another name, which you might have used when sharing content through your Google account. The identity of your Google profile can be shown to users who know your email address or who have other identifying information about you. Apart from the above mentioned and explained purpose, the information provided will be used according to the applicable Google privacy statements. Google might publish summarized statistics about +1 activities of the users or might transfer these to users and partners, such as publishers, subscribers or connected websites.
We have integrated the functions of the service Instagram in our website, which is offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. While you are logged in to your Instagram account, you may connect the content of your site with your Instagram profile. In this way, Instagram is able to match your visit on our site with your user account.
We, as the operator of the website, neither have knowledge of the content of the data transferred nor the usage through Instagram. You will find more information in the privacy statement of Instagram at: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
We have integrated social plugins from the social network service Pinterest in our website, which are provided by Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103-490, USA ("Pinterest"). When you open this site, which contains such a plugin, your browser will directly connect to the server of Pinterest. The plugin transfers protocol data to the server of Pinterest in the USA. This protocol data may contain your IP address; the address of sites you have visited which contain Pinterest functions, browser type and browser settings, the date and time of your request, the way you use Pinterest and cookies. Further information on the purpose, scope and further processing and usage of data through Pinterest as well as relevant rights and possibilities to protect your privacy can be found in the privacy statements of Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy.
Our site uses YouTube plugins from the Google-owned video portal service. The operator of these pages is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a site containing a YouTube plugin, you will be connected to the servers of YouTube. The YouTube servers will be informed which of our pages you have visited. While you are logged in to your YouTube account, you will provide YouTube with the possibility to match your surfing behaviour with your personal profile. Further information on how user data is treated can be found in the privacy statement of YouTube at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
For reasons of security and to protect the transfer of confidential data, such as enquiries that you send to us as the operators of this website, this site uses SSL encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser address which then changes from "http://" to https:// and with the lock symbol in your browser line. When SSL encryption is activated, the data you send to us cannot be read by others.
Objection to advertising emails
We object to the usage of published contact data within the framework of the obligation to provide an imprint to be used to send advertising and information material which has not expressly been requested. We expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of unsolicited advertising material, for example, spam emails, being received.
Information regarding your rights
In accordance with applicable laws, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access to your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances;
- Right to ask for a copy of your data to be transferred to another organisation (data portability);
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Where we process your personal data based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please email or write to us at: [email protected]
Your request must include your name, email address and postal address and we may request proof of your identity.
Retention of personal data
We retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. After this period, we will delete the data or take steps to properly anonymize them so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy statement or the use of your personal data, please contact us by email at or by mail at: [email protected]