Located along the pristine coastline of Blessed Bay on Hainan Island, Capella Sanya is the new luxury landmark in China’s premier resort destination. A tropical paradise unlike any others, its fine sandy beach meets the clear waters of the South China Sea promising a delightful experience of bespoke hospitality and treasured memories. In this magnificent environment, Capella Sanya celebrates the joys of family, romance and personal indulgence through its carefully curated range of offerings and services.
Offering panoramic views of the South China Sea, Capella Sanya is the result of a brilliant collaboration between two of the world's most celebrated designers: Jean-Michel Gathy and Bill Bensley. With their combined creative genius, Capella Sanya is a showcase of spectacular luxurious hospitality, landscape design and recreational facilities. While the hotel environment is markedly modern and contemporary, it is also inspired by the historic Silk Road sea trade route which the island of Hainan features prominently, in its various touch points. The design for Capella Sanya is informed and enriched by the cultural heritage of multi-ethnic communities that have left their marks on the lives of Chinese traders of yore along this historic trade route.
A Capella Personal Assistant is on hand prior to your arrival to attend to your requests and desires so that your experience will be exceptionally memorable. For a perfect tropical adventure, the following are some highlights:
- Fascination with butterflies: Known as the “Kingdom of Butterflies”, Sanya has the highest concentration of these feathery-winged beauties. At the Butterfly Valley, more than 500 species of rare butterflies, insects and exotic vegetation await your discovery.
- Retail therapy at China Duty-Free (CDF) Mall: The biggest duty-free shopping haven in the world stands at 753,000 square feet. CDF Mall is an ultra-modern architectural showcase, where you will find your favorite luxury brands - completely tax-free!
- Day trip to the Jianfeng Ridge National Forest Park: Ranked as “One of Top Ten Most Beautiful Forests in China” by China National Geography Magazine, this national park boasts many charming scenic spots such as Tianchi (Heaven Pool), Cantonment of Yuan Dynasty and Jiulong Stream (Nine Dragons Stream) etc. In addition, Jianfeng Ridge District is the gathering place of the Li people, one of the 55 ethnic minorities in China.
- 190 well-appointed and elegant sea-facing guestrooms, suites and villas
- Six distinctive dining concepts, including a signature Restaurant, authentic modern Chinese restaurant and tea house, a stylish Noodle Beach Café as well as a Bar, rare wine and cigar lounge
- A wellness sanctuary offering unique and innovative treatments like Moroccan Hammam and Snow Cabin
- Spectacular Grand Ballroom with a generous function courtyard for outdoor functions
- Differentiated kids and teens clubs designed to entertain the younger guests and various interest groups
- The Capella Library – our signature guest engagement space exclusively for in-house guests hosted by our knowledgeable and spirited Capella Personal Assistants
China Gezhouba Group Real Estate Corporation
Last quarter of 2018
THE CAPELLA EXPERIENCE
Capella Hotels and Resorts serves today’s top tier travelers and residential property owners and is setting a new standard in the hospitality industry. Capella promises the unique benefits of the finest boutique hotels, including superb architecture and interior design, privacy, individualized service and attention to detail – combined with the amenities of the world’s great luxury hotels and resorts. Capella is a brand built around unique individuals with one-of-a-kind preferences and tastes. By satisfying each guest request personally, we create for them their own unique Capella experience.
Learn more at www.capellahotels.com
THE CAPELLA PROPERTIES
- Breidenbacher Hof – Düsseldorf, Germany
- Capella Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia
- Capella Singapore
- Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li
- Capella Ubud, Bali Opening second quarter of 2018
- Capella Bangkok Opening first quarter of 2019
- Capella Maldives Opening 2021
- Capella Sydney Opening 2021